Article written by Tom Miller from http://NewHomes.Move.com/
It seems like just yesterday that you could sell your home by putting up yard signs, posting flyers and spreading news
about your open house by word of mouth. However, times have definitely changed and these ancient techniques will no longer suffice. But there’s no need to worry. That is, as long s you have a tech-savvy Realtor on your team.
When selecting a Realtor to list your home, you want to make sure your agent will give your house the greatest possible exposure. Old-school techniques alone, while somewhat valuable, must take a backseat to internet exposure. With roughly 90% of all home sales beginning with an online search, you simply cannot afford to overlook the skills of a tech savvy Realtor.
How do you know if your Realtor is tech-savvy?
The following are some tried and true methods of finding a web-smart agent:
- How’s their website? By doing a quick online search you’ll be able to find an experienced Realtor in your market. A bit of investigation and you can quickly determine how user-friendly their site is. If their website causes you frustration as you navigate it, you can safely assume there are others out there who feel the same. That’s not to say you should discard every website because it isn’t to your exact tastes. But try to think like a buyer and ask yourself, how you feel about the website.
- Once on the website you can look for key features such as blogs, map/search tools and ways in which to contact the Realtor. Blogs can be extremely helpful in keeping up to date with the market and its great to see a Realtor who is invested in keeping their clients informed about new listings. Being able to contact your Realtor quickly via text or email is important as well. Most important is the online home search. Simply put, your Realtor needs to have a powerful, easy to use home search, in order to attract house hunters. Without this, your home will gain little exposure, resulting in a lack of traffic to your home.
- Miscellaneous tech compatibility. The following aren’t make-it or break-it items by any means. But if your agent has these on their site, you can reasonably assume they have a high tech aptitude:
- YouTube Channel
- Mobile Compatibility
- Professionally Edited Photography
- Social Media
- These are just a few examples of items you can keep your eye out for. There are plenty of others to look for as well.
Now you know what to look for when determining whether or not your Jacksonville Realtor is tech savvy. Remember, it’s all about exposure. A Realtor who knows their tech is worth more than anything when trying to sell. If you’re ready to start doing real estate the tech-savvy way in Jacksonville, FL, be sure to contact Jeff Riber, today!
Originally posted 2012-06-12 04:50:33.